Need to find your favorite KH OTP or character on pixiv but don’t fuckin know how?? Well look no further, Wikh’s here to help you out!!
HANDY TERMS / TAGS
- 王国心 (“oukoku kokoro”) » A literal, fancy-shmancy way of saying “kingdom hearts.” The most used tag for KH on pixiv.
- KH » The second-most used tag.
- キングダムハーツ (“kingudamu haatsu”) » The actual title of Kingdom Hearts in Japan and a lesser-used tag on pixiv.
- R-18 (Rating 18) » Ages 18+ mature warning. Sexual or violent.
- 腐向け (“fumuke”) » This literally means “intended for decay.” Wait a minute, what? Weeelll, that first kanji 腐 “fu” comes from 腐女子 “fujoshi,” or women really into yaoi and shit. So this tag, odd decay kanji aside, will include homodudes anywhere from holding hands to fuckin butts. Unfortunately there’s not an equally-used tag for homochicks. 腐 by itself is also a tag.
SHIPS (called カプ or CP, short for カップリング “coupling”)
※ NOTE: Enter them as you see below. Switching kanji might not give you the best results. This list is in general order of popularity. ※
- 空陸 (Sora x Riku) » These are the kanji for “sora” and “riku,” which I hope to Nomura you all know mean “sky” and “land.”
- 悪六 or 813 (Axel x Roxas) » The first set of kanji actually says “akuroku,” with “aku” coming from Axel’s “akuseru” and “roku” from Roxas’ “rokusasu.” The respective kanji mean “bad” and “6” lol. There is no ulterior meaning behind these kanji choices. 813 refers to their Organization titles.
- 六空 (Sora x Roxas) » Self-explanatory.
- ロクシオ (Roxas x Xion) » “Rokushio.” The “roku” from Roxas and the “shio” from Xion’s “shion”
- 空組 (“Soragumi”) » Literally “Sora group” (which I nicknamed “The 4 Soras” lol), made up of Sora, Roxas, Ventus, and Vanitas. Not a romantic-only tag, but it IS in there.
- 空海 (Sora x Kairi) » Kanji for “sora” again and the “kai” in Kairi, meaning “sea” (which I hope you all know by now). ※ Some of your search results will yield other ships. ※
- テラアク (Terra x Aqua) » This is pronounced “tera-aku,” the former being self-explanatory and the latter being the “aku” part in Aqua’s “akua.”
- リアイザ or 78 (Saïx x Axel) » I’m bummed there’s no better tag for this ship. The first input is “riaiza” and sounds like our “Lea/Isa,” except it works better when you realize Lea’s Japanese name is Ria (“ree-ah”), so it transitions into “aiza” pretty smoothly. The second half is simply their respective Organization titles and will be difficult to get good results from the search bar. ※ Try finding KH artists and seeing if they have the tag in their sidebar or bookmarks. ※
- 弁兎 (Ventus x Vanitas) » This is my favorite one to explain. There’s no “v”-sound in Japanese, so it defaults to a “b”-sound. Ventus’ “ven” turns into “ben,” which is where the first kanji comes from (meaning “dialect” or “valve;” no ulterior meaning). Vanitas’ “vani” turns into “bani,” which is pronounced just like the English word “bunny,” and thus they use the kanji for rabbit to represent Vanitas. :DD (which isn’t pronounced “bani” but rather “usagi” lmao) I THINK THAT’S SO COOL IDK LEAVE ME ALONE
- 寺弁 (Terra x Ventus) » The first kanji is “tera,” a motherfucking BUDDHIST TEMPLE WOW SO CONCEITED. The second kanji you know already.
- 陸波 (Riku x Naminé) » Riku, obviously, and then the “nami” part of Namine, which means “wave.”
- 陸六 (Riku x Roxas) » Self-explanatory.
- 陸潮 (Riku x Xion) » Riku, duh, and then kanji of Xion’s “shio,” which means tide.
- 空 or ソラ » Sora
- アンチソラ or アンチフォーム » Anti-Sora and Antiform Sora
- 陸 or リク » Riku
- 海(里) or カイリ » Kairi
- 波 or ナミネ » Namine
- 若ゼアノート » Young Xehanort
- 寺 or テラ » Terra
- アクア » Aqua
- 弁 or ヴェントゥス or ヴェン » Ventus
- 兎 or ヴァニタス or ヴァニ » Vanitas
- ゼアノート » Xehanort
- アンセム » Ansem
- ゼムナス » Xemnas
- シグバール or ブライグ » Xigbar or Braig
- ザルディン or ディラン » Xaldin or Dilan
- ヴィクセン or エヴェン » Vexen or Even
- レクセウス or エレウス » Lexaeus or Aeleus
- ゼクシオン or イエンツォ » Zexion or Ienzo
- サイクス or アイザ » Saïx or Ïsa
- 悪 or アクセル or リア » Axel or Lea
- デミックス » Demyx
- ルクソード » Luxord
- マールーシャ » Marluxia
- ラクシーヌ » Larxene
- 六 or ロクサス » Roxas
- 潮 or シオン » Xion
If there’s anyone important I’ve forgotten or you want me to dig a little deeper, lemme know and I’ll update! Happy Hunting!
i got multiple questions about this, so i’ll just answer it on this ask
sorry i kept putting it off for so long…
so… i guess i would think of what kind of sky i would want
i like sunsets, so i’ll draw that
so i start with the very back color; it’s a dull purple
my intent is to go from purple/dark grey->peach/pink
i like to use this fuzzy brush
not sure what to call these… the ‘back’ / ‘dark’ clouds?
i put on random splotches at 40~50% opacity of dark blue around the edges
i’m going to put my light source at the bottom right, so i put a rusty orange color slightly at 10~20% opacity
then i blended the colors before i started to add more colors
the more you blend, the better the picture will look 8)
now i put my pen at around size 8-10 to put in thin areas of peach/gold where the light will hit at around 60% opacity
color it where ever you think it looks good
i like to adjust my colors and edit on sai
on an overlay layer on top of the drawing, i airbrushed so dark blue in at the top left and right
then near the end i like to use the combination of lower brightness and higher contrast
i’ll put a video later since my explanation is horrible most of the time…
sorry i put the drawing sideways… it wouldn’t fit
try these drawings for reference…
maybe use the eyedropper and use colors from these?
hope that helps
this is for the multiple color asks received
Wigs: (I highly recommend always wearing a wig while cosplaying)
epiccosplay wigs (my favorite wig sellers. Great customer service)
Cream makeup, body paint and sfx makeup
For the question “which character should I cosplay?”
(just enter in character details at the top of the page)
(numbers represent different parts or methods)
shields (you can alter it to be any shape you want and you can use something besides a dish)
Wig dyeing pigtails 1 fixing a wig spikes 1 bangs (It may be better to cut a strand of the bangs for reference while you have it on and then cut the rest when its pinned to a wig head) Wearing a wig with long hair